Sports-Études is intended to support student-athletes who are recognized by their sports federation for their athletic performance and for their successful academic and sports interests, provided that they make academic success their priority.
To provide a balance between the academic and athletic development of the student athlete.
To develop the student athlete as a whole person by fostering the following:
Strong social skills
Strong organizational skills
Effective community sskills
Cooperative teams skills
Perseverance and the pursuit of excellence
A student must meet the requirements for a Secondary School Diploma in 75% of the designated time, leaving the remaining 25% of time to pursue academic endeavor.
The student-athletes are subject to the same evaluation process as all other students (i.e. MELS Provincial Examinations, School Board Examinations, etc.)
The Sports-Études program also provides for support services including:
Nutrition and sports medicine sessions
Fédération du baseball amateur du Québec
Fédération de gymnastique du Québec
Fédération de patinage artistique du Québec
Fédération de soccer du Québec
Fédération québecoise de hockey sur glace